Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Christmas in March!

Posted by monidreamalot at 10:10 PM
Hey there.. So, after a long *not really* time, I decided to do some nail art. Yaayyy!

So I bought some of the tools online, and they're actually quite cheap, about IDR 85k for everything that you need. I also bought some acrylic paint for IDR 90k, which includes 12 colors, because nail polish is so expensive..

Lemme tell you what happened the first time I tried to do nail art with acrylic paint. Disaster. That's what happened. Just so you know, I did my research before I bought the tools and the paint, and that didn't prepare me for what was going to happen. I'm no artist, but I think I have a pretty good hand control if I know the design I'm gonna make. But I was wrong. So wrong.

I used a base coat as the first layer. I then confidently dip my brush into a white acrylic paint. And lather them onto my coated nails, trying to get the shape I wanted. And guess what? Acrylic paint crumpled. Crumpled. That's a word, right? Yeah, I mean they just won't separate and just being a blob. They're blobby. LOL. They just are not smooth. They also took forever to dry.

I spent about an hour to try to fix the acrylic paint, and this is just for the first color. I watch and re-watch some tutorials on youtube, and hopelessly watching how those professionals just dip their brush into the acrylic paint and lather them onto the nails and just like that, get the result they want. Like, how in the world the gap between professional and an amateur can be THAT big? Oh, maybe I'm not an amateur, just an idiot. I gave up.

However, being someone that's not that easy to defeat by despair (eww, the language!), I tried them again this morning. I did something different with the paint first, I dilute them in water. And, drumrolls, just like that, I got the result I wanted. Granted, it's a lot messier than what it's supposed to be, but, yayyy! I did it!

Seriously, though, there's like no mention of diluting the paint with water. I seriously watched those tutorials, and those pros just dip their brush into those paints straight away! Or maybe they and most people on the face of the earth knew that paints are supposed to be diluted in water. Maybe it's just me who wasn't using her brain again. Drat. Oh, well. I did it at last anyway. So, for you guys who thinks acrylic paint is useless for nail art, here's a tip: dilute them in water first. I actually found a girl on youtube who had the same problem. Maybe I should e-mail her to read my blog for solutions? LOL.

Anyway, for the second attempt, I decided to go with a santa design, since it's so cute! And it's March, and somehow March makes me imagine the color red, so it's a match! So here's my nail, and I did them with acrylic paint and lots of perseverance and concentration:





On the other four nails:


It's pretty good, right? Considering.. Hehehe.

A few mistakes that I made was that I applied the top coat too quickly so that some of the red kind of transfer its color to the white beard.. You can't really see that in these pics tho.. Lucky!

Another difficulties I'm facing is that I can't paint with my left hand.. So my right hand is now still bare.. LOL. Whatever. This is progress!

Anyway, I think I should do a different one for Easter. Still searching for the cutest and easiest design, though..

Well, my hands are getting busy helping me eat my Chef Tony popcorn, so.. Happy Christmas in March!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

obsessed to beautiful things Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gift Idea